Ice Rosé VQA
Superb as a classic aperitif. The ultimate partner to fine meals including fresh salmon steaks, Atlantic lobster, Malpeque oysters, steak, free range chicken or wild game bird dishes. Savour with creamy cheeses.
- Grape Varieties: 100% Pinot Noir (base wine), 100% Cabernet Franc (Icewine)
- Source: 100% Ontario
- Appellation: Niagara-on-the-Lake VQA
- Wine Classification: Premium dry Méthode Classique rosé sparkling wine with Icewine dosage
- Cellaring Potential: 2 to 4 years
- Winemaking Notes: Pinot Noir grapes for base wine harvested at 19.5° Brix. 100% free run juice used for base wine and cold clarified prior to inoculation with EC1118 yeast strain. Fermentation of base wine conducted at 15-18°C in stainless steel over 15 days. Wine subsequently aged for a full year in stainless steel. Base wine cold stabilized prior to undergoing secondary fermentation conducted in-bottle over one year with EC1118 yeast strain using traditional Méthode Classique. Dosage of G. Marquis Cabernet Franc VQA red Icewine. Final disgorgement conducted by hand.
- Tasting Notes: Captivating and aromatic with exquisite raspberry, strawberry and violet hints underpinned by red apple and floral notes. Medium/full-bodied with a dry, sophisticated mouthfeel.
- Appearance: Delicate pale rosé
- Appropriate Food Pairings: Superb as a classic aperitif. The ultimate partner to fine meals including fresh salmon steaks, Atlantic lobster, Malpeque oysters, steak, free range chicken or wild game bird dishes. Savour with creamy cheeses.
- Serving Notations: Serve at 6-10°C/43-50°F in traditional sparkling wine flutes.