Epic VQA (Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc)
The perfect match to ocean and shellfish dishes including pan seared tuna steaks, grilled calamari, Oysters Rockefeller or Lobster Thermidor. Serve it also with roast Ontario pork loin or Pasta Primavera.
- Grape Varieties: 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Cabernet Franc
- Source: 100% Ontario, Niagara Peninsula
- Appellation: Niagara Peninsula VQA
- Wine Classification: Premium dry red varietal blend table wine
- Cellaring Potential: 2 to 10 years
- Winemaking Notes: Grapes harvested at 23.0° to 24.0° Brix. Juice inoculated with FX10 yeast strain. Fermentation conducted in roto-fermenter at 28-30°C over a period of 10 days. Wine underwent natural malolactic fermentation in stainless steel over a period of five weeks. Wine aged in stainless steel on its lees for over two months followed by cold clarification and cold stabilization. Barrel aged in new 225 litre French-American hybrid and new 225 litre Hungarian oak casks subjected to medium toast over a period of over 14 months.
- Tasting Notes: Silky and full-bodied with complex, classic notes of cassis, blackberry and dark plum combining with hints of cedar and fall leaves. Firm yet supple tannins provide impressive structure and depth of character. A spectacular mid-palate carries through to a lengthy and complex finish.
- Appearance: Deep ruby/garnet red
- Appropriate Food Pairings: A red wine lover’s delight that perfectly complements the finest steaks, lamb and wild game dishes. A superb companion to rich meat stews, beef or pork ribs, London Broil and traditional English style roast beef.
- Serving Notations: Serve at 6-10°C/43-50°F in traditional red wine glasses.